Our Chattanooga child custody attorneys at Conner & Roberts, PLLC, understand that the well-being of your children is crucial to protect and promote during your Tennessee divorce. We are committed to helping your protect those valuable relationships you have created with your children by enforcing your parental rights and protecting your best interests, while always keeping in mind the welfare of your children.
Based in Chattanooga, our trusted family law firm represents men and women who are facing complicated divorce matters in the Tennessee Valley and throughout the eastern and middle regions of the state.
Helping You Protect Your Rights and Create Fulfilling Custody Agreements
Having nearly 25 years combined experience, lawyers Amelia Roberts and Lisa Conner have a deep understanding of the emotions you may be struggling with regarding the custody agreement matters that must be determined during your divorce.
We understand that you want the best for your children, and we will help you do so by working toward creating a satisfying custody arrangement. In Tennessee, the court considers several factors when determining what type of custody will be awarded to which parent, including:
- The willingness and ability of each parent to facilitate and encourage a close relationship between the child and the other parent
- The parent's ability to instruct, inspire and encourage the child
- The strength, nature and stability of the child's relationship with each parent
- Any refusal to attend a court-ordered parent education seminar
- The disposition of each parent to provide the child with food, clothing, medical care and education
- Love, affection and emotional ties existing between each parent and the child
- The degree to which each parent has been the primary caregiver
- The emotional needs and developmental level of the child
- The character and physical and emotional fitness of each parent
- The importance of continuity in the child's life
- Evidence of abuse of the child or the other parent
- The preference of the child if older than 12 years of age
- Other factors that are relevant to the court
With the best interests of your children in mind, our lawyers will collaborate with you to create a compelling case that illuminates the meaningful relationships you have with your children through photos, videos, stories from your children and other relevant examples to achieve the best custody results for you and your children.
While negotiation often results in fulfilling custody agreements between both parents in a divorce case, we recognize that not all custody matters can be resolved through mediation. When an amicable agreement cannot be reached, our lawyers will not hesitate to tenaciously stand up for your rights in court.
Contact Our Hamilton County Visitation Attorneys Today
We invite you to contact Conner & Roberts, PLLC, today at 423-266-2144 to schedule a free consultation regarding your challenging child custody case or other family law matters. We represent individuals, families and businesses in the Tennessee Valley and throughout eastern and middle Tennessee. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and evenings and weekends by appointment. Divorces start at just $399. Ask us about our flexible payment plans and other options.