Chattanooga Alimony Attorney
Fighting for Your Financially Stable Future
When facing divorce, spousal support/alimony is often one of the most significant factors couples need to negotiate. At Conner & Roberts, PLLC, our experienced Chattanooga alimony attorneys recognize the concerns you have regarding alimony, and we can help you understand your rights and your obligations in your Tennessee divorce.
Contact us now to get started with an initial consultation. We're ready to help you pursue a spousal support payment plan that works for you!
Aggressively Protecting Your Best Interests
With nearly 40 combined years of legal experience, Attorneys Amelia Roberts and Lisa Conner understand the legal and the emotional challenges you may be facing in your divorce. While alimony is not mandatory in divorce settlements in Tennessee, it is often a negotiated aspect of many divorce settlements.
Tennessee family courts consider several factors when determining alimony, such as:
- The value of any separate property and the value of each party’s marital property
- Whether the spouse seeking alimony is the custodian of the children and how difficult it would be for them to seek employment outside of the home
- The need of the spouse who is seeking alimony to seek additional training or education and to find appropriate employment
- The standard of living that the spouse is accustomed to, as was established during the marriage
- The length of the marriage
- The needs and obligations of each spouse
- The comparative financial resources of each spouse
- Any other factors the court deems equitable and just
These factors can help the court consider what type of alimony will be rewarded, including alimony designed to help one spouse transition to life after divorce as well as financial support needed for spouses who cannot become self-sufficient because of age, illness, or other reasons.
Our spousal maintenance lawyers will work with you to determine whether alimony is needed in your case and what type of alimony will best address your needs or the needs of your former spouse. We want to help you create reasonable yet realistic support goals that can be achieved in your case.
Get started right away by calling (423) 299-4489 today.
Lisa Conner - Divorce